Northmont Academic Challenge Tournament

All tournament announcements should go here. Please place the name, date and location of the tournament in the title.

Northmont Academic Challenge Tournament

Postby Djones » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:06 pm

Registration is now open for the 2020 Northmont Academic Challenge tournament. This will be our annual OAC format tournament and will be held on Saturday, January 18th at Northmont High School. We have one exciting new change to this year's tournament: A middle school tournament using the middle school OAC format that will run concurrently with our high school event.

The cost to attend the tournament is $60 for your first team and $50 for all additional teams. All teams will be guaranteed eight games on the day to make sure that you get good value for your money. There is a 5 dollar discount for bringing a buzzer set and a 10 dollar discount for bringing a moderator (please let me know if you plan to claim the moderator discount). The 60/50 split for teams applies to high school and middle school teams, so if your school brings one high school and one middle school team, they will pay $60 for one team and $50 for the other school team.

Our question writing team this year includes myself, Kara Combs and Emily Bingham (the chief writer and editor for the OAC regional and state championship this year), as well as Samantha Street, my captain for this year's high school team. The set should be the same high quality set that your team has played in the past at this event.

Another change this year is that there will not be a mirror in NE Ohio, so we would love to have teams from across the state join us. Hopefully the addition of a middle school event will allow teams across the state to bring their HS and MS squads and save on the costs of bringing a bus for just one team.

If you have any questions at all, please let me know. I hope to see you all at Northmont in January!!
Thanks,
David
David Jones
Coach, Northmont High School
Djones
Varsity

Re: Northmont Academic Challenge Tournament

Postby Djones » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:36 pm

Registered Teams

Varsity (7):
Little Miami (2)
Sidney (1)