2019 NASAT (Lexington, KY)

Any posts that are outdated will be moved here. Please do not post any new topics in this forum.

2019 NASAT (Lexington, KY)

Postby trbenedict » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:55 pm

I had the pleasure of accompanying nine talented Ohio quizbowlers to Lexington, KY this weekend for the National All-Star Academic Tournament, which had a field of 23 All-Star teams from 14 states. Stats for the tournament are here: http://hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/5812/

Ohio B was comprised of Joey Esposito (Aurora), William Groger (Miami Valley), Nathan Hazlett (Copley), and Danny Turillo (Boardman). They finished tied for 13th overall and tied for 1st in their playoff tier with an overall record of 9-5.

Ohio A was comprised of Hari Parameswaran (Beavercreek), John John Groger (Miami Valley), Neel Mehta (Solon), Sam Oguntoyinbo (Solon), and Mazin Omer (Ottawa Hills). They finished the prelims with a 7-0 record and ended up in second place overall (13-3) after a one-game final against Illinois A.

Ohio had two scorers place in the top 10 individuals after prelims: Hari Parameswaran (tied for 2nd) and William Groger (8th). They earned book awards for their individual performances.

This was the most successful NASAT run so far for Team Ohio, and I am very proud of all the players for the hard work they put in. It was amazing to see folks around the state supporting our team on Twitter, Instagram, etc., and I want to thank everyone in the Ohio QB community for everything you do to keep the state of the game so strong. Best of luck to the NASAT seniors (Joey, Danny, Hari, Neel, Sam, and Mazin) as they head off to college!
Tyler Benedict
Coach, Miami Valley School Quiz Bowl
OAC Committee Middle School Representative
OQBA NASAT and Matt's Buzzers Liaison
Miami Valley School '09
trbenedict
Varsity

Return to Old/Outdated Posts